AZADI KA AMRIT MAHOTSAV CELEBRATION AT ARMED FORCES TRAINING INSTITUTES (Oct-Dec 2022)
HEADQUARTERS INTEGRATED DEFENCE STAFF
Ek Shaam Desh Ke Naam - Tri-Services Band Symphony
1. The Doctrine Dte, as part of the DOT Branch of HQ IDS, organised a Tri-Service Band Symphony, 'Ek Shaam Desh Ke Naam' at the Siri Fort Auditorium on 15 Oct 2022. Shri Rajnath Singh, Honourable Raksha Mantri was the Chief Guest for the symphony and the CDS, the Service Chiefs, CISC and other senior officers of HQ IDS, SHQs and MoD attended the aforesaid event with over 3000 personnel and families.
2. The event was one of its kind with a unique blend of musicians of the three Services playing in harmony, depicting Tri-Service integration. With the theme of patriotic fervour, the event served as a platform to pay homage to the brave hearts of the Armed Forces who have given the supreme sacrifice and earned accolades for the Nation.
3. The Tri-Service Bands displayed professionalism and finesse while preforming on 14 tunes in perfect unison, mesmerising the audience with their performance. The performance was applauded by all present and the Honourable Raksha Mantri commended the musicians and presented them with a Tri-Service plaque for their spectacular performance.
Fit India Freedom Run 3.0 On 29 Oct 2022
Air Marshal BR Krishna PVSM, AVSM, SC, ADC, CISC HQ IDS flagged off a 5 Km Fit India Freedom Run 3.0 organised by HQ IDS on 29 Oct 22 as part of AKAM. The event saw enthusiastic participation by more than 200 Tri-Service warriors and families.
HQ IDS Unity Run & Unity Pledge On 31 Oct 2022
Air Marshal BR Krishna PVSM, AVSM, SC, ADC, CISC HQ IDS administered the Unity Pledge & flagged off a 5 Km Unity Run organised by HQ IDS on 31 Oct 22 as part of National Unity Day celebrations. The event saw enthusiastic participation by Tri-Service warriors.
MILITARY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
1. Rashtriya Ekta Diwas Pledge. Rashtriya Ekta Diwas pledge was administrated to all personnel of MILIT.
12. Unity Run A Unity Run was conducted on the occasion of National Unity Day on 31 Oct 2022, for the personnel of MILIT. A total of 213 personnel participated in the same.
3. Diya Making activity.To celebrate AKAM, a Diya making activity was conducted at Tiny Tots School. A total of 222 children participated in the activity.
2. Hindi Pakhwara. As part of celebration of AKAM, Hindi Pakhwara was conducted for all personnel and their dependents. A total of 73 participants including ladies and children participated in
5. Tree plantation. As a part of AKAM, a tree plantation drive was carried out by MILIT, wherein 30 trees were planted in the premises of MILIT facilities at Girinagar. Tree plantation being significant because it is linked to our basic need for good food to eat and clean air to breathe. Apart from these necessities, it aids in biodiversity, conserve water, preserve soil and control climate.
6. Badminton Championship.As part of AKAM, a Badminton championship event was conducted at MILIT. A total of 103 student officers including lady officers participated in the championship.
NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY
1. Scuba Diving Camp. Scuba Diving Camp based on AKAM theme, was organised for all the Cadets of Scuba Diving Club on 31 Oct 22 at NDA. The aim of this activity was to train Cadets in Scuba Diving and make them familiar with underwater environment. The Cadets of Scuba Diving Club attended the Camp with great enthusiasm and zeal.
2. Combat / Battle Orientation Obstacle Course. To impress upon the spirit of AKAM, an Obstacle Course was organised for the selected Cadets of NDA during the month of Oct 22. This course involved a series of challenging physical obstacles, wherein Cadets were tasked to complete the obstacle course in stipulated time. During the course, Cadets attempted various types of obstacles like Rope Climbing, Burma Bridge, Step by Step Jump, Commando Walk, Balanced walk, Double ditch Jump, etc.
3. Power Yoga Demonstration. Cadets of Yoga Club demonstrated their power yoga skills at Bombay Stadium on 10 Nov 22. During the demo, the Cadets performed more than 30 Yogasanas (postures) within a time span of five minutes with high level of proficiency. The aim of this activity was to re-emphasize the importance of Yoga in daily life, encourage Cadets and spectators to adopt Yoga in their daily routine to stay fit and develop a sense of self-discipline & self-awareness.
4. Visit to Agha Khan Palace, Pune. 37 Cadets of Friendly Foreign Countries, under training at NDA, visited Agha Khan Palace on 12 Dec 22 with Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav as underlying theme. Agha Khan Palace holds great significance since Mahatma Gandhi and his wife Kasturba Gandhi were kept in house arrest from 1942 to 1944 during the Quit India Movement. The Cadets got a glimpse into the lives of our Freedom Fighters and witnessed a kaleidoscope of their struggles, hardships and resolve to attain freedom.
DEFENCE SERVICES STAFF COLLEGE
1. Ex ASHWAMEDH (Hack Ride). A Hack Ride was conducted on 15 Oct 22. The event started from the stables and covered Wellington Gymkhana Club to High Field Tea Factory and back.
2. Ex NILGIRI MITRA (Mountain Bike Ride). Mountain Biking "Pedal Pushers" was conducted on 29 Oct 22. The Mountain Biking was flagged off in two batches. The distance for the biking was 40 km one way with moderate difficulty levels. The ride on bicycles started from Drona Officers Mess and covered Orchid Square, Brooklands Tea Estate towards Dolphin Nose view point & back. The scenic lush green views, low clouds, fog and countryside of Nilgiris made the event memorable.
Cultural Evening. A cultural evening on 25 Nov 22 was organised in Sekhon hall which included rendition of folk songs, traditional dances, band, skits and national costume display.
4. Hike.DSSC organised a hike to the ancient 'Toda Village' located in the bosom of the Nilgiris. Over 300 officers, ladies and children participated in the hike.
COLLEGE OF DEFENCE MANAGEMENT
1. Aatmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan - Interaction With IIT Hyderabad. Prof Suryakumar S, Professor of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering and Mr Dhruv Gupta, Chief Operating Officer ITIC Incubator from IIT Hyderabad, visited CDM on 04 Oct 2022 for interaction. Among several issues discussed, the knowledge sharing to empower and guide the Indian Defence Startups as part of 'Aatmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan', met with a lot of enthusiasm.
2. Management Thoughts in Panchatantra. Dr Narsimhan Ravichandran, Prof (Retd) IIM Ahmedabad, delivered an invigorating talk on Management Thought in Panchatantra, on 11 Oct 22 to the participants undergoing HDMC-18 at the CDM. Pragmatic & relevant lessons from ancient Indian texts with specific takeaways from Panchatantra were correlated with contemporary concepts on human behaviour & management concepts by the speaker in an interactive session.
3. E-Learning - Visit of RBI Staff College Officers. As part of RBI's initiative to fine tune their Learning Management System (LMS), Shri AS Pillai, GM & Vice-Principal, College of Agricultural Banking, RBI Pune and Shri S Subbaiah, GM & Vice Principal Reserve Bank Staff College visited CDM on 11 Oct 22. The e-Learning initiatives of CDM, various benefits of LMS, its advantages, convenience, features, scalability, and reliability were appraised and demonstrated. During the interaction with Commandant CDM, the Commandant exhorted them to have greater connect with CDM for mutual benefits in the field of Financial Management and Organisational Behaviour. The visiting officers assured to elevate the interaction in future.
4. Guest Lecture on Indo-China Maritime Contestation 2030: Strategic Imperatives for India. Vice Admiral Pradeep Chauhan, AVSM & Bar, VSM (Retd), Director General, National Maritime Foundation of India, New Delhi gave a talk on Indo-China Maritime Contestations 2030: Strategic Imperatives for India on 12 Oct 22. The Speaker shared insights on geo-economics, national & maritime interests & highlighted strategic imperatives including capability development & maritime partnerships. He exhorted the participants to pursue academic research to accomplish objectives aligned with strategic vision.
5. Lecture on Leadership and Communication. Dr Asha Kaul, Professor in Communication Area, IIM, Ahmedabad and an eminent author delivered at talk on 'Leadership and Communication' on 20 Oct 22. She drew analogies from Bhagwad Geeta & Arthashastra to identify leadership traits, principled pragmatism & highlighted the importance of moral compass and ethical leadership.
6. Run Up to the 20th National Congress and the Politburo Line Up. Dr Srikanth Kondapalli, Professor in Chinese Studies, JNU, New Delhi, delivered a talk on 'Run Up to the 20th National Congress and the Politburo Line Up : Future Contours & Dynamics' on 26 Oct 22 at CDM. The Speaker covered excerpts from the Work Report of CCP Congress, core interests, new development policy, power dynamics in CCP & highlighted the social stability issues, NSL, business & mass sentiment of Zero Covid Policy and implications of various scenarios in geo-economics.
7. Rashtriya Ekta Diwas. In the run up towards the Rashtriya Ekta Diwas to commemorate the birth anniversary of 'The Iron Man of India' Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel, College of Defence Management, Secunderabad conducted a Unity Run. The event commenced from the Sardar Patel Block at CDM, named in recognition of the 'Iron Man'. The 'Purple Pacers' which included Officers from friendly foreign countries, ladies and children, wholeheartedly participated in the campaign to showcase 'Strength in National Unity.
8. Visit by Tetra Soft Global Team. CDM was given a demo by 'Tetra Soft Global Team on iEva-Intelligence Embodied Virtual Assistant' an indigenously built conversational multi-nodal contextual AI solution on 06 Nov 22. The demonstration highlighted possible areas of application to enhance teaching - assimilation quotient in pedagogy.
9. Train-18/ Vande Bharat Express - A Project Management Perspective. Mr Sudhanshu Mani, General Manager (Retd), Integral Coach Factory, Chennai delivered a talk on 'Train-18/ Vande Bharat Express–A Project Management Perspective' to personnel of College of Defence Management on 16 Nov 22.
10. India @ 2047: Dealing with Uncertainties on the Path to Developed Country Status. Shri Suman Bery, Vice Chairperson, Niti Aayog, New Delhi, delivered a talk on 'India @ 2047: Dealing with Uncertainties on the Path to Developed Country Status' on 18 Nov 22 to the HDMC-18 participants at CDM, Secunderabad. The Speaker gave insights on Scenario thinking, discipline & contexts and implications of developed country status.
Ideas@75 : Development of Border Regions
11. 5th India Forum on China @ Goa (IFC). Institute of Chinese Studies, New Delhi organised its 5th India Forum on China from 27 Nov to 28 Nov 22 at Goa with the topic, "Communist Party of China in The New Era". CDM was invited for the forum.
Resolve@75 : Empowerment of Women and Children
12. Self-Awareness Life Skills & Responsible Citizens Course (SALSRC). Valedictory Function for the 7th Self Awareness, Life Skills & Responsible Citizenship (SALSRC) course conducted for the spouses, was held at CDM Secunderabad on 29 Nov 2022. 42 ladies participated in the nine-week course, jointly certified by CDM & Osmania University, Hyderabad.
13. Virtual Session on 'Operations Research & System Connect' with Uzbekistan. College of Defence Management, Secunderabad connects with Armed Forces Academy, Uzbekistan in a virtual session on 'Operations Research & System Analysis'. Tenets of OR, historical perspective, techniques to optimize Decision Making were discussed along with emphasis on System Analysis & Systems Approach to handle complex problems.
14. Aligning Military Logistics with National Logistics Policy. Panel Discussion on 'Aligning Military Logistics with National Logistics Policy' was held at CDM, Secunderabad on 06 Dec 22.
15. Maritime. Vice Admiral Ajendra Bahadur Singh, PVSM, AVSM, VSM, ADC FOC-in-C WNC addressed the participants undergoing HDMC at CDM, Secunderabad on 07 Dec 22 gave a talk on 'Countering present and future challenges in the Maritime Domain'. He highlighted the need for cooperative MDA development & emphasized on integrated approach.
16. Stress Management. Dr Savita Date, Psychologist, Health & Wellness Specialist, Hyderabad, delivered a talk on 'Stress Management' on Contemporary Stress Management Techniques, Mental health issues and Positive Psychology covering Wellness & Rejuvenation.
17. Tribute to Late Gen Bipin Rawat, PVSM, UYSM, AVSM, YSM, SM, VSM. CDM paid tribute on the first death anniversary of CDS Late Gen Bipin Rawat, PVSM, UYSM, AVSM, YSM, SM, VSM on 08 Dec 22. Gen Rawat's visionary leadership was highlighted through a series of talks highlighting his efforts towards indigenization & jointness, HR reforms & niche capability development amongst others.
Contemporary Management Techniques
18. Management Thoughts in Bhagawad Gita. Mr Vinod Malhotra, Retired Civil Servant & Author, New Delhi, delivered a talk on 'Management Thoughts in Bhagwad Gita'.
Health and Wellness
19. Humanness of Living Youthfully in Chemistry of Wellness. Vice Admiral Venkat Barathan, PVSM, AVSM, VSM (Retd) gave a talk on 'Humanness of Living Youthfully in Chemistry of Wellness' in virtual mode at College of Defence Management, Secunderabad on 21 Dec 2022.
ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR COMMAND
1. Pledge Taking Ceremony. Pledge taking ceremony organised for all Naval units to commemorate Rashtriya Ekta Diwas on 31 Oct 22.
2. Essay Competition. An essay competition was organised to commemorate "Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav". A total of 80 Offrs and personnel participated in the event.
3. 'Quiz Competition on India's Freedom Struggle'. A Quiz on the theme of India's freedom struggle was organised on 19 Oct 22. A total of 25 Offrs and personnel participated in the event.
4. Cancer Screening Camp A free Cancer Screening camp was conducted at Emergency Treatment Centre on 27 Oct 22. It was organised for all Sanginis with a moto 'Early Detection is the best Protection'. The camp comprised of screening for cervical cancer with PAP smear and breast cancer, Anaemia screening, free eye check-up, Gynaecological consultation and routine blood investigations.
5. Health Check-up Sanginis: - Health check-up of Sanginis was conducted. A total 48 Sanginis underwent Routine Blood Tests, Height-Weight Check and Eye check-up.
6. Cyber Jagrukta Diwas. HQ ANC observed Cyber Jagrukta Diwas on 02 Nov 22. In this, lectures and demonstrations were conducted, making personnel aware of the pitfalls on various online activities and the steps necessitated to mitigate such risks. The event was heavily subscribed.